Configure SSO for your status page with Google
Configure SSO to enable access to your Statuspal status page though your Google business account.
1) Enable SSO on your Statuspal organization.
- Head over to your Statuspal admin site: https://statuspal.io/admin/
- On your organization click on the Gear icon and select Security.
- Check Enable SAML authentication and click on Save.
- Click on New SSO setting, and leave this tab open, you'll need it later.
2) Configure a SAML app in your Google account
- Head to your Google admin panel: https://admin.google.com
- Head over to the Apps > Web and mobile apps menu though the Sidebar.
- Click on Add app > Add custom SAML app.
- Name your app same as your status page, (e.g. "Unity Status"), then click on Continue.
- Click on DOWNLOAD METADATA and save the file, you'll need it later. Click on Continue.
- Copy over the ACS URL and Entity URL from your Statuspal SSO settings (from step 1).
- Click on Continue, then click on Finish.
- Click on User access, then on Groups in the left sidebar and select a group that you belong to, so you can give yourself access to this SAML app.
- Then check Service status ON, and click Save.
3) Finish SSO setup in your Statuspal organization
- Open the downloaded metadata XML from Google in a text editor, and copy its contents.
- Paste the contents of the metadata XML onto your Statuspal SSO setting IDP metadata field, and click Update.
- Write us on our live chat or at email@example.com so we can enable your SSO setting.
- Then click on Test SAML configuration.
- If everything was properly configured you should see a message as below:
If you find any problems please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You don't have a Status Page yet? go ahead and create one in seconds at Statuspal.io